Follow Me On Pinterest!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

'JaKobe' Layout

Hello everyone!!

Hope your weekend is going great! Mine is going awesome....had a fab 'score' at a garage sale today that my roomate found. Bought a giant dresser and two gorgeous shelving units (for my bookin' stuff) for $25!! Oh yes, you read that right $25!!

So in the middle of cooking breakfast, hitting the garage sale, cooking dinner and cleaning, I did manage to get a LO done. I love taking random pics of my son and scrapbooking them and this is one of them;

 I cut the flourishes out with the Sizzix Vine die with my Cuttlebug. I cut it out with chipboard first then again with my printed cardstock for a more dimensional look. Then I inked the edges.
 I then used my Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up! to make it glossy....love this stuff!!
 Here is another embellishment I cut out with my Cuttlebug and the Sizzix Decorative Accent #2 die. And ofcourse I inked the edges!
 Then I used my Tulip fabric paint to make my 'dots'.
 This part was nerve-wrecking!! Trying to line up my sons name with the vinyl letters! Man, what a task!
 So one night I cut a bunch of these butterflies out with my Cricut and an SVG file. I filled a whole page with these and cut them out twice, once on white cardstock and once on printed cardstock. Then, while watching TV, I inked them and glued them together and put them in a little tupperwear container. Fab idea cause they were a perfect touch for this photo since my son loves butterflies!! I used the Tulip fabric paint again to make the 'pearls' on them.
 I added some tulle and a stick pin. You can get these uber gorgeous stick pins for only $1 over at Denise's Etsy store!!
 The flower I put together after sitting around one night watching movies with my son. I bought a ton of these on clearance at Michaels a while ago. They were an off white and I sprayed them with ink. You can't tell in the pic but I did spray it with Shimmer, glittered the center white flower and glued on a resin flower.
 I added rhinestones to the vines. The pic is matted on black cardstock, then on blue glitter cardstock (hard to see) and then popped up.


I hope you like my LO! Please leave me a comment cause I LOVE them!! Hopefully I will brave the video camera and make a video showing this LO a little better....gotta do something with nails first tho!! he he he :)
Have a great weekend!

xoxo Charity

No comments: