Follow Me On Pinterest!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tacky Tuesday Challenge #7!!! YAY!!!!

Hey everyone!!

Are we having a scrappy time out there??!! I know I am and I just got done making my card for the Tacky Tuesday Challenge. The card had to have a cut of a sea creature and have the word 'sea' on it somewhere.
So here is the entry:


I OFCOURSE went to my favorite cart Create A Critter for the whale. I flipped the whale though because, to me anyways, it looks backwards when things face towards the left. I know...weird huh...or were you thinking the same thing?!! The card is 5x7 and the whale was cut at 31/4.

The title was done on Sure Cuts A Lot2....love that program!!

I can just lay out my paper on my mat and have minimal waste.  

The wave paper is from the Debbie Mum 'Noak's Ark' 8x8 stack. I used my scissors (STILL do not own a distressing tool) :( to distress the edge and adhered it to blue cardstock. 

Here is a pic of the title after it cut from SCAL....sorry for bad pic, but little paper waste!! 

I embossed the lettering with my Cuddle Bug for the 'water' effect. 

After piecing it together with my fabulous Tweezer Bee tweezers and Zig Two-way pen,
I slid my white ink pad across the top of the 'bumps' to highlight them. 

I found this glitter tape, came as a set with another color tape, at Michaels on clearance
(they were closing one store to move it). 

So I wanted to make my own 'pearls' for designs on my LO's and cards. I picked up this Tulip Beads in a Bottle, it's really for fabric but I tried it out on some cellophane so I could remove them once they were dry. OMG it actually worked!! The little 'hershey kiss' point flattens itself out as it dries and I just picked them right off the cellophane and adhered them where I needed them. As you can see I did a couple rows of each color. I used a 40% off coupon so it ended up only costing $1 a bottle!!! They will last a really long time too!! 



The whale is on a pop dot. I inked her and added 'stitching'...ofcourse! You can't really see the glitter tape in the pic but it is under the blue ribbon, which I added rhinestone to. 

Welp, I hope you like my card!! I love your comments even more tho so please leave me some....if you dare....bwahahaha!!! No seriously, thank you everyone for checking this out! Now go check out the other fab cards on Tacky Tuesdays Challenge #7!!!!

xoxo Charity

2 comments:

Tammy Schmitt said...

Those beads are a fabu idea! I wish SCAL worked with mac. I'd be the first to get it. So many awesome possibilities! Thanks for sharing:-)

~ Tammy

The Bookin Room said...

I just love SCAL and sooo thankful I got it before it no longer worked with Cricut! I use it almost more than my carts!