Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 for an annual observance, and Nov. 11 became a national holiday beginning in 1938. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed legislation in 1954 to change the name to Veterans Day as a way to honor those who served in all American wars. The day honors military veterans with parades and speeches across the nation. A national ceremony takes place at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
America is the Land of the Free, because of the brave. Veteran’s Day celebrates and acknowledges the service of all United States Military Veterans. Today we honor the brave men and women who have served in the American Military. With great respect, and a heart full of pride, we say a great big THANK YOU to those who have served. Please hop with us as we pay homage to the people who help keep America the Land of the Free.
You should have started at Melissa's Blog. If you did not, please go back and start from the beginning. You don't want to miss any of these fabulous projects!
I bartend Saturday nights at the American Legion Post 170 and we watched the Honor Guard yesterday.Absolutely beautiful! So I made them a card to show our appreciation!
The card is kind of plain, but I didn't want to add too much fuss for it. I thought for this it would be better with it straight to the point!
Your next stop is Camille! Have fun hopping!!
1 . Melissa Lipcsey - http://papershenaniganz.blogspot.com/
2. Robin Carroll - http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/
3. Marji Franklin- http://www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com/
4. Sharon Littrell-http://simplysweetbysharon.blogspot.com/
5. Robin Lane - http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/
6. Susie Gerdes - http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/
7. Jenn Jackson - http://scraphappensembellishit.blogspot.com/
8. Charity Thebookinroom - http://thebookinroom.blogspot.com *U R HERE*
9. Camille Short - http://shortonideasaz.blogspot.com/
10. Suzanne - http://www.zannieberry.blogspot.com
11. Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com